Visit SHJN Facebook Page
It’s time to call out (Doug) FordNation and the Ontario Provincial Government! #WeDemandActionTO – The crisis with COVID outbreaks and conditions in Toronto shelter spaces is critical – isolation spaces are full, positive clients are being sent back to shelters to try and isolate, the Ford’s Government’s refusal to fund supportive housing, prevent evictions and other initiatives in Toronto is shameful. See the demands of over 60 organizations in Toronto, representing countless frontline & healthcare workers, outreach and volunteer networks, faith groups and more. Doug Ford and the Conservatives must act now!!!! Read our letter and list of demands to the City, the Province and Federal Governments here: https://docs.google.com/…/1iGR5k4epEX3vu8Tby3M9x0R…/edit
These are featured speakers from Toronto Drop-in Network’s March 11th press event:
1. Dr. Naheed Dosani, Palliative Care Physician, St. Michael’s Hospital: https://youtu.be/f2v0YCUavao?t=254
2. Myriam Frausto, Frontline Worker, Sistering 24 Hour Drop In: https://youtu.be/f2v0YCUavao?t=887
3. Melisa Bayon, Interim Executive Director, Progress Toronto: https://youtu.be/f2v0YCUavao?t=1116
HOW TO HELP:
Share this post, and also, Toronto can get 1,100 new supportive housing units this year but the Province has to step up and fund it! Join our friends at Progress Toronto and send an urgent message (which you can edit to add additional demands) to your MPP and the Premier to fund supportive housing now: https://www.progresstoronto.ca/end-homelessness
LET THEM KNOW!
Contact the below Provincial officials and demand action!
1. Doug Ford, FordNation: Twitter @FordNation, Phone: 416-325-1941, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Toronto’s Conservative (and former) MPPs on Twitter (or call/email!):
Vincent Ke, Robin Martin, Kinga Surma, Christine Hogarth MPP, Aris Babikian, Christina Mitas, Raymond Cho, Stan Cho, (frmr)
3. Contact Your Local MPP (if not above)