Media Advisory- Unprecedented Increase in Homeless Deaths
Date: December 14, 2021
What: Homeless Memorial adding at least 27 names this month.
When: Tuesday, December 14, 12:00 (at the Homeless Memorial)
Where: 19 Trinity Sq, (by the south steps in front of the Homeless Memorial)
Important: Please wear a mask and physically distance
1. City Council must immediately strike a task force charged with taking all reasonable
steps to reduce such deaths.
2. Immediately expand overdose prevention, education, training and implement the
recommendations of Toronto Shelter-Hotel Overdose Preparedness Assessment
3. Immediately incorporate 2,250 permanent, non-congregate shelter beds into the
4. Repeal the ‘no camping’ bylaw.
5. Increase the target of newly attributed housing allowances in 2021 from 1,440 to
6. Freeze all evictions with the emergency powers of the Emergency Management and
Civil Protection Act.
7. Adopt SHJN’s Winter Plan in Full http://www.shjn.ca/winterplan/.
Livestream: Will be at the same link as the Toronto Homeless Memorial https://www.facebook.com/holytrinityTO/live/
Lorraine Lam: email@example.com
Greg Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org